We’re only six days into the New Year, and it is already filled with new and exciting things…
1) This weekend has been spent celebrating the newest member of our family to come – my step-sister’s daughter, Addison – who will be born no later than February 1st! There’s nothing like a baby to bring the family together and we are all so looking forward to this rosy pink bundle of joy gracing our lives with her beautiful presence!
2) I invested in a new pair of running shoes and I’m back to my favorite: Brooks Adrenaline GTS 13! I’ve had three good workouts in them so far, and I love the way they feel on my feet! Good pair of running shoes are like a great friendship – they support you, travel the hard road with you, and are something you look forward to spending time with each day. I’m looking forward to the coming miles we’ll share together and the adventures that await us!
3) In addition to new running shoes, it was time to begin a new log for keeping record of my workouts, races, miles, and weigh-ins. The previous binder I was using has three years of materials, making it rather full and a little beat up, so I decided to put together a new one. I love doing collages, so I made a fun cover for it and added a blank calendar for tracking progress, my goals for the year, and the Playmakers race schedule.
4) I began my scripture memorization for the year on January 1, and received my new spiral notecards from Living Proof Ministries by mail on Thursday. I’ve got my first verse written inside and am working to memorize and apply the Word to my daily life. I love being part of a community of women who are soaking and sharing in God’s truth together!
5) My hubby got me a beautiful new leather journal for Christmas and I am now using that to count my 1,000 gifts throughout the year. Each day, I record three gifts from God and by the end of the year, I will have reached 1,000! It’s still pretty early in my journey with this, but already I’m experiencing the joy and peace that comes by basking in gratitude for all that I’ve been given, both the big and small!
6) A new sermon series began this week at our church. It’s called 10,000 Hours: A Study on the Book of James. I always love diving into a new teaching series, and after studying the Book of James in depth last winter, I’m excited to learn more and grow in my application of this encouraging yet challenging book.
7) Today I am experimenting with new recipes. This morning I made Cinnamon Applesauce Pancakes for breakfast; a recipe I found in the newest edition of Simple and Delicious magazine. They were very good and oh so easy to make – my kind of cooking! For dinner, we’re having Crock Pot Pork and Apples – an interesting twist on comfort food that I came across on the Eat, Live, Run blog. The house smells wonderful as it’s simmering in the kitchen – I’m hoping it tastes equally amazing!
So far the year is off to a great start! I’m confident it will continue to be filled with all things new, wonderful, amazing, and inspiring! Life is GOOD!