This year is on a roll! Already another month behind us and now a new month beginning – Happy March, everyone! Oh, how I just love the endless possibilities that come with a fresh start!
There is so much going on this month. When I turned the page of my planner over to the month of March, I had to catch my breath just looking at the pages full of planned activities. But, IT’S ALL GOOD and here’s why…
1) My step-sister just arrived this weekend from Chicago, along with her fiancée and their new baby girl, Addison Olivia. I am absolutely thrilled to have finally met my niece and getting some needed baby love! She is just absolutely precious!
2) March is a month full of birthdays: my mom, brother, grandmother, and step-mom, in addition to a few friends, will be celebrating turning another year older this month. That means I’ll be sending out a lot of cards and consuming plenty of sweets – YES!
3) St. Patrick’s Day is always a fun day of sporting shamrocks, dressing head to toe in green, and frequenting a pub for some brew and grub! However, because it does fall on a Sunday this year, I will probably celebrate the day before – I’m actually thinking about doing a local Shamrock Run and then going out for some festivities. Always a good time!
4) It is the month of NCAA basketball MADNESS! Although I prefer football to any other sport (aside from running), I must say, there is just something so incredible about collegiate teams from all over the nation playing against one another for days on end. Practically everyone is glued to their televisions or computer screens watching the tournament all hours of the day, hoping their team comes through for the national championship. For that little bit, it’s like everybody shares a bond or connection in some way. It’s magical! I, of course, will be rooting for my beloved Spartans and have full faith that we will dominate! Go Green!
5) March is owner to one of the BEST (and my most FAVORITE) days of the year – the first day of spring! After months of cold, gray, clouds, snow, and ice here in Michigan, there is nothing more joyous and hopeful than knowing that blue skies, sunshine, green grass, flowers, warm temperatures, and trips to the lake are just around the corner. Can I get a “Hallelujah” and “Amen”?!? I’m excited just thinking about driving with the windows down blasting music, wearing my big black COACH sunglasses, not to mention my capris and flip-flops to show off a fabulous pedicure and being able to run in shorts and tanks. Oh, and then there’s the cookouts and planting flowers and opening the windows at home to let in the breeze and smell of fresh-cut grass to look forward to…I could go on and on and on about how much I am anticipating this…but I’ll stop there. I am ready for the 20th day of this month and am counting down the days!
6) March is always the month that we travel to Colorado. We have booked our trip and are so looking forward to being back in the beauty of the mountains, valleys, and red rocks! My husband will be skiing with his best friend from college, while I will be traveling to Colorado Springs to visit my brother and nephew. I am thrilled to catch up with these two, not to mention taking in the scenery. It is my hope to get some good runs in and do some hiking. If there’s one thing I’m so looking forward to, it is the beauty and solitude of God’s creation. Everything out there shouts praise to Him! It’s simply a fabulous place to share in communion with Him and others!
7) This is probably going to make me sound like a nerd, but I am one of those people who loves to “read the book before the movie comes out.” I’ve had Stephanie Meyer’s “The Host” sitting on my bookshelf for probably two years now, and had yet to read it due to getting caught up in so many other books. But my motivation kicked in when I found out the movie is opening in theaters on March 29th! So, over the next few weeks I will be working my way through this 600+ page novel and then going to see the movie when it releases!
8) This month ends with Good Friday and Easter, two incredibly wonderful and blessed holidays! Like last year, a few of us girls are planning to go out for dinner and then to the Good Friday service at church, which will be a great time of food and fellowship. Then Easter will be spent with the hubby going to church followed by gathering with other family for a nice dinner. I look forward to this time spent in fellowship, worship, and communion. When I think about what God did on Good Friday and then accomplished on Easter I get chill bumps and my joy and passion increase for Him! I can’t wait to celebrate this with those I love and cherish most!
So as you’ve read, there is MUCH to be happy about, celebrated, and enjoyed this month! I wish all of you a fabulous March as well!