Welcome, 2013! I am a HUGE fan of new beginnings, fresh starts, clean slates, and nothing but a wide open span of time ahead of me. What, oh what, awaits me in the coming days and months? I can only imagine the things that lay ahead!
Every New Year’s weekend, I take time to ponder the coming year and write out a list of goals, dreams, and visions I have for the future. I fully acknowledge that God is ultimately in control of all that will come, but I feel putting these things in writing invites Him into the ordinary to do the extraordinary that only He can do. It makes those things I hope and wish for seem less out of reach and more real and possible.
Some goals for the coming year include:
- Memorizing scripture to deepen my relationship to God,
- Practicing thanksgiving (eucharisteo) by naming 1,000 gifts throughout the year,
- Engaging in community and fellowship on a weekly basis,
- Using our home to love, serve, minister, and entertain others,
- Continued progress on indoor/outdoor home improvement projects,
- Continued exercise, healthy nutrition, and training for various races (maybe even a longer distance this year? We shall see!),
- Completing the required hours and exam for my social work licensure, and
- More reading, traveling, writing, creating, playing, exploring, dreaming and believing.
My actual list is longer and more detailed than what I’ve highlighted above, but ultimately, I want to live life to the FULLEST, choosing joy, being light, and loving God and others more each and every day!
I feel that good things are in store for us this year and I can’t wait to see what God will bring our way! Here’s to 2013 and endless possibilities!
Scripture Memory Verse #1
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7 (NIV)
If you’re interested in memorizing scripture this year, check out the Living Proof Ministries Blog with Beth Moore. http://blog.lproof.org/
If you’re interested in counting 1,000 gifts this year, check out A Holy Experience with Ann Voskamp. http://www.aholyexperience.com/
If you’re interested in starting a bible reading plan, check out #SheReadsTruth and begin “Fresh Start” today! http://shereadstruth.com/