My FAVORITE month of the year is here! Hooray for October!
I absolutely LOVE October! And here are the reasons why…
1) The colors of the trees become more and more vibrant; pair this with an orange, pink, and purple sky in the morning and you have a masterpiece!
2) 10/10! October is my birthday month! I love gathering with family and friends to celebrate my special day!
3) Pumpkin-palooza! Visiting the pumpkin patch. Warming up with a pumpkin spice latte. Indulging in pumpkin pie, pumpkin chocolate chip bread, and pumpkin muffins. Burning pumpkin candles. Carving pumpkins with my hubby. In this home, we honor pumpkins!
4) Chilly morning runs. I put on my under-armor, hat, and mittens and head out into the cool, crisp air. My favorite part is when the sunrise casts its glow on the trees making for an endless tunnel of gold that I get to run under for miles and miles. The races this month are always fun as well. One of personal favs is the Headless Horseman 5K/10K event that takes place at night and follows a trail alongside a lake, through a cemetary, and back into town. It’s quite an adventure and yes, an actual Headless Horseman is present!
5) Fires in the fireplace. Because the temps begin their dip into the 30’s and lower, being warm and cozy becomes a priority. There’s nothing like curling up and taking a nap next to the fireplace on a weekend afternoon!
6) Honeycrisp apples and caramel. Need I say more? One word: DELICIOUS!
7) Halloween. The movies. The decor. The costumes. The candy. You name it, I love it!
One month, yet so many reasons to love it! It’s already off to a great start, and I look forward to what else is in store! Happy October!