Last weekend I had the privilege to travel over to Grand Rapids with my best friend to hear Jennie Allen speak and Lauren Chandler lead worship on the “Nothing to Prove” tour. I had just finished this AMAZING book by Jennie and was thrilled to hear her expound more on the message she communicated so boldly in its pages. (Seriously – if you’re looking for a book to read with a compelling message – grab your copy of this now! It’s awesome!) Today I thought I’d share some of the awesome things I, personally, took away from this special time of fellowship and learning.
- The goodness of God in my life is PROPORTIONATE to my worship of God in my every day life. I know this to be true because I have first-hand experience of this, but I still sometimes trade intimacy with Him for the”lesser” things in life, and then wonder I feel “flat” or life doesn’t seem as satisfying. Bottom line: more worship of Him leads to more goodness in Him.
- What I believe about God shapes everything about me, and is the most important thing about me. If I believe God’s Word to be true and take His promises seriously, then the fruit of that will be reflected in my life (and vice versa).
- God’s Word should be changing me from the inside-out. It is not enough to just be a “hearer” of the word – I must also be a “doer” of the Word – and let it work its way in and through my life.
- Jesus covers me, connects me, completes me, and calls me.
- The goal of this life is to get free, live free, and help set others free. Once we’ve experienced the love, grace, and freedom of Him in our lives, we really can’t help but give it away to others. In all that we do, this should be our aim.
I’m really thankful for this “mid-winter adventure” with the bestie and the opportunity to hear from Jennie, Lauren, and others who are really doing amazing things in the Kingdom of God, spurring all of us on to do the same. (I mean, you really can never go wrong with God and girlfriends! Am I right?) Making time and space for things like this always blesses and refreshes me immensely, and I’m even more inspired to live fiercely and wildly for the glory of God, and continue on this path to cultivating everyday abundance in 2017!
:: featured image ::