November is here, and with it the season of blessing and thanksgiving! Hooray! Here is what I’m loving this month…
1) Daylight Savings Time. One extra hour of sleep. Need I say more?!?
2) Fires. With temperatures now dipping into the low thirties at night, and remaining chilly throughout the day, building fires has been keeping us and the house extra warm. Not only do we remain comfy cozy, but we save quite a bit on fuel expenses, and who doesn’t love saving money?
3) Sparkly Flats. I found these lovelies at Target (quite possibly my favorite store EVER) and I absolutely positively adore them! They are very comfortable and pair perfectly with either jeans for the casual days or dress attire for the classy days. The sparkly effect is perfect for the season!
4) New Journal. Another Target find; I appreciate the message to “make something good” each and every day. That’s what life is all about!
5) Good Reads. I happened to stumble upon author Sarah Jio’s books, and I have been captivated ever since. I’ve read the Violets of March, Blackberry Winter, and am now mid-way through The Bungalow. These are easy, fast reads and are great to curl up with on lazy nights!
6) Thanksgiving. That’s what this month is all about: being grateful for what we’ve been given. The reality is that our lives are far from perfect this side of Heaven, but even in the midst of our challenges, difficulties, doubts, and longings, there is ALWAYS something to be grateful for – and it can be anything from the small things to the big things. An “attitude of gratitude” is often what gets me through the tough days. This month is an opportunity to reflect on those things that I am grateful for and to share those blessings with others. I especially look forward to gathering with my loved ones, feasting on wonderful food, and preparing my heart for the greatest gift of all: Christmas.
Wishing everyone a beautiful, and most blessed month! Happy November!