As mentioned a few posts ago, leading up to my birthday I made the commitment to engage in 29 Days of ‘Being the G.I.F.T. (Give It Forward Today)’ as a way to end my 28th year on the highest note possible. Although I was in a cast and on crutches for about a month due to my fractured heel, I was able to make the most of each day and found ways to bless both those I know and those I don’t know, ranging from sending a note of love and gratitude, to gifting coffee, wine and chocolate, to sharing inspiration and encouragement, to donating items for a good cause, to various other gifts. It was a great challenge for me and a journey I will not forget as it made me intentional in doing good every day and giving thanks for those opportunities, as well as for the awesome people it reminded me of and brought me to along the way.
So, this past week, the adventure of ‘Being the G.I.F.T.’ culminated on October 10, the day I turned 29. I have now officially begun the last year of my 20’s. And in keeping with this theme of ’29 Things’ and to make the most of this coming year, I have listed 29 dreams, ideas, hopes, and goals for this coming year:
1. Get back to running and training to complete a new long distance race (i.e. Fifth Third River Bank Run 25K in Grand Rapids).
2. Pass the social work licensing exam. Complete all of my required work hours. Apply for and become a LMSW.
3. Be an active participant of community life at church and on #SheReadsTruth.
4. Purchase a new pair of fun, hip, and sassy specs.
5. Take in more live music – in the park, on the street corner, at a concert.
6. Work on and finish the book I started writing over two years ago.
7. Share my photography and writing via link-ups and memberships to networks.
8. Get caught up on and current with Downton Abbey.
9. Attend a creative and/or faith-based conference (i.e. Living Proof Live, The Influence Conference, etc.).
10. Check out book signings and speaking engagements of some of my favorite authors.
11. The question everyone wants answered… Baby G? (we’ll see… )
12. More travel, in and out-of-state, whenever time and opportunities arise to do so.
13. Take a big trip with the hubby to some place we have not yet been to celebrate our 7th anniversary.
14. Explore more of the National Parks.
15. Get together with my girlfriends for an evening of wine, food, crafting, and great conversation.
16. Host another bash at our place (i.e. Spring Fling, Fall Ball).
17. Explore more of my town, city and state by going on mini-adventures in every season.
18. Host movie nights and watching sports in the man-cave / home theater with family and friends.
19. Stain the front porch and back deck.
20. Get creative this spring and summer with our outdoor space, making it alive and vibrant with color and definition.
21. Spend more time enjoying my home office – writing, creating, reading.
22. Go on more coffee dates.
23. Spend time with the ‘littles’ in my life: Jace, Addie, Owen, and the other cuties near and far.
24. Go out for an evening of drinks, dinner, and dancing with the hubby.
25. Start downloading and reading books on my Kindle.
26. Serve my local community beyond the responsibilities of my career.
27. Be an encouragement and light to those around me.
28. Abandon routine and go outside my comfort zone to experience more of God.
29. Commit to big belief, wild faith, bold dreams, risky prayers, and living life to the fullest extent possible!
Here’s to believing and hoping in a great year to come!